Snap-On Smile: Is it Right for Me?
By Mina Levi DDS, 01/16/2014
Aesthetics of the mouth and teeth can be a big deal issue for a lot of people, and some consider cosmetic treatment to fix unappealing areas. These treatments include Invisalign clear aligners, dental implants, porcelain veneers, dental bridges, dentures and more. For some people, a great solution is called the Snap-on Smile, but for others it may not be such a good choice. In this article, we review Snap-On Smile and who are good candidates for the treatment.
What is Snap-On-Smile?
Snap-On Smile is an affordable cosmetic solution that can be either temporary or permanent. Snap-On Smile is made from impressions of the individual’s own teeth to be able to “snap on” over the teeth and cover any aesthetically unappealing flaws. It is made from dental resin, which makes it thin but strong enough to eat and drink with.
The Snap-On Smile is great for patients who:
1. Have gaps or spacing between the teeth. Invisalign clear aligners are also great for this issue as well, but the Snap-on-Smile is a little more cost-effective.
2. Have overly-crowded teeth.
3. Have teeth that are shorter than usual.
4. Are waiting for implants to heal before the crown is placed.
5. Are looking for an alternative to old fashioned partial dentures.
The Snap-On Smile is not great for patient who:
1. Require a full mouth reconstruction.
2. Have compromised oral hygiene.
3. Have gum or periodontal disease.
4. Have a significant number of missing teeth.
5. Have bulky teeth.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to see if Snap-On Smile is right for you, visit the Dentist San Francisco Mina Levi DDS on the web at www.minalevidds.com or give us a call at (415) 513-5066.
Topics: Snap-On Smile, Invisalign, Porcelain Veneers, Dental Bridges, Dental Implants, Teeth Gaps, Teeth Crowding