Cleaning and Maintaining your Night Guard and Invisalign Trays
By Mina Levi, DDS, 05/15/2014
There are several tips that we recommend to protect your night guard or clear aligners trays in order for it to last as long as possible.
· When your night guard is not being worn, you should always keep it in the custom bite guard case. You should also store your bite guard in a cool, dry place so that heat damage does not occur. Even if you store it in the bathroom, the steam heat from a shower or bath can warp the plastic and ruin the night guard.
· In the morning after you are finished using the night guard, you should rinse it well with cool water. Once a week or so, you should give your bite guard a more thorough cleaning with a toothbrush and toothpaste, then rinse off all toothpaste residues and dry the night guard before putting it back into its case.
· Clean your night guard case once a week also, so that any bacteria left in the bite guard case will not contaminate your clean night guard. You can wash the case with soap and water, and then dry it before the night guard is placed back into it.
· Once a week, check your night guard for any damage, such as a breaking down of the material. Bite guards are strong and durable, but over time the clenching and grinding will take its toll. It is better to be damaging the replaceable night guard with the clenching and grinding than your teeth.
· It is also good to soak your night guard in denture cleaner once a week to make sure that all of the plaque and oral bacteria are cleaned off of the night guard. Even when you brush it once per week, there may be residue left over.
· When you have regular cleanings and check-ups at the dentist, make sure to bring your night guard so that they can professionally clean it and check it for you.
If you have any questions about cleaning your night guards or Invisalign trays , give Mina Levi, DDS Dentist San Francisco a call at (415) 513-5066 or visit us on the web at www.minalevidds.com.
Topics: mouth guard bite right, bite guard, night guard, nite guard bite plate, open bite from NTI nite guard, custom boiled and bite mouth guards,mouth bite guard, boil and bite guard, types of bite guard, TMJ bite guard, stop snoring bite guard, soft bite guard, snoring bite guard, sleep right bite guard, soft bite guard, plastic bite guard case, over the counter bite guard, orthodontic bite guard, oral bite guard, occlusal bite guard, NTI bite guard, night time bite guard,night bite guard, lower hard acrylic bite guard, jaw pain bite guard, how to store a bite guard, dr brux bite guard, dentist SF bite guard, night custom bite guard, cost of bite guard, cleaning bite guard, brux ism bite guard, bite guard to wear in mouth, bite guard teeth grinding, bite guard teeth, bite guard reviews, bite guard sturdy, bite guard grinding, bite guard cracked tooth, bite guard comparison, bite guard clean, what material in bite guards, hard bite guards dental, hard acrylic bite guards, athletic bite guard.
| || |